Monday, September 1, 2014

Twas the night before Kindergarten 2014

So tomorrow starts Noah's Kindergarten year 2014-2015

I am so prayerful this will be a wonderful year for us both.  I am very sad tonight as I think of starting this year with out my little frogie Boy Jeremiah here in our little school :(  I KNOW that him going to Lauve's therapy program is the best for him but my heart breaks and misses him home and part of our school and I battle feeling like I am failing him.  Luckily he LOVES it there and responds so well to everyone and everything they do with him.  
This was some shots last night when he and I were having some sweet time together :)

So I thought I would show you a few pics of things in Noah's calendar book this year and what curriculum choices we have gone with and all my stuff organized and ready to go :)


the top left is address, phone and emergency numbers but I blocked them for privacy, then we have our page to use dry erase marker to write the month of the year and the day of the week and then our monthly calendar for each month where we will learn all kinds of things using our calendar! :)

He will work on his name of course and he will write it each month, the first few times he will trace it and then write it alone after that.  We will be measuring his height each season for this page but I also have a page in his big binder where we will hopefully take a picture on the first of each month, weight and height as well.  We will keep track of what day of school it is using the green numbers and each day he will change them to make the number of the school year i tis. 

Since he has lost a couple teeth and has a few loose ones we have a tooth tally chart in our book this year!  Thought it would be fun to see how much teeth will change over this year :)  then we have our chart to put Today, Tomorrow and Yesterday.  And a Weather chart and season.  Then our 100 days of school caterpillar :)  He will color one section of the caterpillar each day.

This shows the cover of the calendar book he decorated, some visuals for learning the books of the Bible and some some skip counting sheets. :) 

and here is our curriculum for the year :)

I am quite excited about everything we have chosen.  And I was blessed to get all of it at discount prices :) some though "used" had every page clean in them, and some I had to do a little erasing but nothing major. The one above is our Phonics and Reading curriculum from Abeka.

We are going to have so much fun with our support subjects this year.  Our Health and Safety Visuals have not shown up yet so I am praying they do :)  I used this exact same science book with Celeste when she was in K but it was a different shape but some of the things inside are the same!  Emotional here! ;)

We will also be doing some songs from Sing, Spell, read and write to help along with the phonics learning :)  and the poems book is also from Abeka.  And for Bible he is doing Bob Jones Bible Truths K5.  Big Sis also did this as well many years ago :)

Math is also with Abeka :)  I love that all the subjects have so much in the curriculum guide and way more to it than just his workbooks :)  I have heard from others just get the workbooks at this age you don't need the curriculum guide, boy and I glad I was blessed to find them used and really see how much is in them.  There are entire lessons that you don't use a workbook at all but they do so much and learn so much that if you just used workbooks they would miss.  

We will also of course have lots of music, reading books, and our weekly themes :)  We will also have a twice a month co op called MAD ( Music, Arts, and Drama).  We will have library once a week, Chinese school Day, Cloverbuds 4H, and an Art Day each once a month.  Not to mention his Flag Football this fall and Tball in the spring :) and we will be walking/ trike riding together too.  And I am looking so forward to more field trips with our homeschool groups!! :)  

this picture was taken in August when our Church had a back to school Sunday! :)  

not sure if you can see this or not! It was on a Pepsi.  If you click it will be bigger :)

This is Noah showing off his first project from our monthly art days!  Even though we are just starting our curriculum work art and field trips have already begun.  This was a self portrait with instructions for one side wild and one side calm.  He took instructions so well.  I can't remember if I posted pics from that day yet or not so I added it here in case. 


 I think it is going to be a wonderful year!!
I saw this and I had to save it!  I need to remember this every second of every day.  I need to remember to seek God first before my feet hit the floor and before I begin parenting or educating Noah.  Our school name is Destiny Christian Academy because of this very thing.  It is our job to help our children find their destiny in Christ!  I can't wait to see who the Lord molds Noah into as an adult.  I pray to that I will not only remember to seek God and allow HIM to mold Noah in HIS image but mold me as well.  Thanks for reading along if you are and drop me a comment :)  I hope your journey through school will bless others! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment